Tuesday, February 5, 2008

a day off?

So today is a public NZ holiday... Waitangi Day, If you ask me later in the year, after I've finished my class on the Treaty of Waitangi (yes... a whole class) I'll be able to give you the ins and outs of it all. So technically, its a day off. I have no classes scheduled, which is great, but I do have work. See, I work at a pool, the public city pool. Which means I work for the city, and we dont close the pool on holidays, in fact Christmas day is the only day we're not open. Can anyone give me a "woot, woot!"? anyone... anyone... no didn't think so.
Besides the fact that I get double time for my 5 1/2 hours today (pools only open for 6), I dont really mind. It's funny what you get used to. I was so sick of working 60 hour weeks at the pool during my "vacation" that going back to school this week was a break. But now I'm quite happy to go back to the pool. It's really quite odd.
maybe I'm just content at the moment. Who knows?

4 comments:

Havalah said...

WOOHOOO!!!! First comment on the new blog!!! I'm so happy! I'm pretty much like the coolest person... EVER! You should put up a link over to Drew's blog so I can stalk him :D:D:D Haha. Just kidding! I love you chica!!!

Havalah said...

UPDATE!!!!!

Unknown said...

its also the possibility that you're money hungry. hehe. you love me, you know you do.

Dahvede said...

It's been over two months, come on Cate, post something. You know you want to